If you are not happy with the product you have received, don't worry. You can always ship it back to us within 7 days without any deductions.
Return will be processed in either of the following two ways: self return or pick-up. Pick-up process is only available to particular set of orders and not all, hence you have to self return the product in the case where pick-up service is not available. We request you to use a reputed courier with proper tracking number in case of Self Return. Mirraw will not bear the return shipping charges.
If you wish to replace a damaged product, we will send you a new one. We can also refund the amount to your credit card/bank account or offer you a store credit redeemable towards future purchases.
Mysore Sarees are being known since ages for the exquisite Zari and golden lace work. There are various waves and tides in fashion, a lot of things have simply come and gone, but what remains unchanged is love for Mysore silk Sarees. Earlier this kind of sarees was only crafted for royal families. Due to the rich quality of Mysore silk sarees and excellent craftsmanship, they are being popular choice of females all over the world. It is said that in earlier dates Maharaja of Mysore did imported 32 looms for the making of the sarees. Till date these sarees have remained out to be favorite amongst the masses. Till date even the minutest aspects in production and design are well covered. It is worth to note that the raw materials were taken from single cocoon. The price range of this saree is totally decided on its make and quality. If you wish to shop for feasible range of Mysore Silk sarees, all you need to do is check out reputed online store.
Specialty of Mysore Silk Sarees
Motifs - In the earliest invention of Mysore silk sarees ruled the zari work and now a days to make it more attractive mango butti and Floral borders are also introduced. The flawless Bandhani designs are also seen on these sarees to make the look more gregarious. A lot has been changed in the making also, now a days designers are putting the art according to the customers demand. Colors - In the past times, only running colors like orange, green, red, blue were infused but now a days to make the saree look more appealing and vibrant colors like grey or pastel shades are also infused. In order to buy the best ever kind of Mysore silk designer sarees all you could do is shop from virtual store. Invention of new colors and infusing new shades is on peak as the demands for this kind of sarees are already on high verge. Status of Royalty - In the golden old days, these Sarees were absolutely considered to be an mark of royalty.
What’s difference between kanjipuram silk sarees & Mysore Silk Saree
The tradition of weaving kanjipuram Silk sarees hails back from 400 year old legacy of hand woven techniques. Whereas the idea of Mysore silk sarees was bought by the Maharaja of Mysore Krishna Raj Vadhiyar travelled to London for Queen Victoria’s Jubilee Celebrations. Mysore silk Sarees was first in India that was machine made. This sarees got high end prominence during the phase of Tipu Sultan.
In Kanchipuram Sarees the motifs are basically nature inspired and on the other hand Mysore silk sarees beautifully depicts geometrical lines or mango butti. Kanchipuram Silk Sarees are largely considered for bridal wear option too. Many people love to buy Kanchipuram sarees even for its high end durability.
Compared to kanchipuram silk sarees, the Mysore Sarees are generally light weighed and could be flawlessly carried anywhere.
What things to be checked while shopping mysore silk saree?
One of the noticeable factor about this kind of sarees is that the body would be immensely plain and only work is done up on the borders.
- The borders will be generally broader and even the pallu will have contrast color combination.
- If you buying this kind of special occasions like wedding or events then do consider buying them with lot of embroideries.
- If you are going to buy pure Mysore Silk Sarees the idea is to first rub the fabric, if you feel the warmth then fabric is genuine.
- There are two types of silk available in the market; one is synthetic and other one real. The real silk would be higher in price compared to the synthetic one. If you wish to have budgeted sarees, then you could also opt for art silk sarees which are replica of this sarees when it comes to designs.
- The real kind of silk doesn’t fades away with the time, but in case of artificial silk, the case is vice versa.
Quick tips about how to wear mysore saree (mention by steps)
- It is important that one must wear ankle length petticoat beneath saree and should be noted that the petticoat should not be very tight or loose when tying.
- Must to have small pins not bigger ones, as they help in holding saree properly from dawn to dusk.
- On the right side of your waist, tuck one end of the saree. Now thoroughly tuck in the fabric until you reach the right side of the waist.
- Now for temporary purpose tuck the remaining free flowing fabric on left waist and pallu should be bought on front. Make the pleats and in order to show that borders flawlessly don’t forget to arrange them properly. Secure the pleats well with the help of pin.
- It is important that one must fix the fabric tightly and secure them along with the pin.